About the Program
UNYP offers accredited Bachelor’s programs taught entirely in English, leading to the award of a Czech Bachelor’s degree (bakalář) from UNYP. This program can be completed in three years.
The University of New York in Prague offers American and European bachelor’s degrees in Business Administration, with the unique opportunity to receive dual degrees from the State University of New York, Empire State University, and a Czech-accredited UNYP degree (bakalář, Bc.). All UNYP degree programs are taught entirely in English. UNYP degree programs accredited by the Czech National Accreditation Bureau for Higher Education will issue a diploma in the blockchain format as well as a traditional diploma.
Whether you study for a European, American, or dual degree, all UNYP bachelor’s business degree programs offer:
- complementary coursework that strengthens, enhances and expands your core business learning
- an enhanced ability to think theoretically and analytically about contemporary issues in the global economy
- advanced oral and written communication skills in English
- proficiency in using software applications and information technology for research
- the ability to work collaboratively in teams and in a multicultural setting
This three-year study program leads to the award of a European bachelor’s degree (bakalář, Bc.) awarded by UNYP and accredited by the American International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE), and the Czech National Accreditation Bureau for Higher Education.
The UNYP European BBA program is designed to provide a comprehensive education in multiple aspects of international business (marketing, management, finance, accounting, economics, and law). The BBA program is aimed at high school graduates wishing to pursue a bachelor’s degree in an international environment and is intended to suit a wide range of career paths. VOŠ graduates and holders of similar qualifications (e.g. a British HND or an American associate’s degree) may be eligible for advanced standing.
The program structure available to students in this European Business Administration Program reflects the requirement for specialist knowledge in today’s job market.
Prospective Career Opportunities
- Management Consultant
- Risk Manager
- Public Relations Manager
- Human Resources Officer
- Events Manager
- Account Manager
- Logistics and Distribution Manager
High School Diploma or equivalent, such as:
- A levels
- UK/US High School Diploma
- English language certificate – either sit the UNYP Entrance/English Test OR submit one of the following test scores:
- UNYP institutional English language test with a score of 72 or above.
- TOEFL internet-based test (ibt) with a score of 72 or above.
- IELTS Academic 6.0 or above.
- FCE A, B.
- CAE A, B, C.
- CPE A, B, C.
- City & Guilds ESOL (IESOL) (Reading, Writing, and Listening) Expert C1, Mastery C2.
- Czech or Slovak State Exam in English.
- Czech or Slovak Maturita English Leaving Exam with score 1.
- International Baccalaureate Higher Level (HL): score of 4 in English (as Language A or B)
- International Baccalaureate Standard Level (SL): score of 5 in English (as Language A or B)
- SAT Reasoning Test, Writing section: Score of 560 or higher.
- European Baccalaureate: score of 70% in English.
- Advanced Placement (AP) Exam in English Language and Composition, or English Literature and Composition: Score of 3 or above.
- IGCSE English or O Level English with a Grade of C or above.
- All UNYP students must write an English language entrance essay during orientation. If you score a grade of D or below, you will be required to take English Pre-Composition.
Math Aptitude Test
- The Math Aptitude Test is mandatory for Business Administration and IT majors.
- The test covers pre-algebra and college algebra skills and ensures that students are placed in the courses appropriate for their skills, which is essential for their success. Students can take the Math Aptitude Test only once and it must be before starting their studies at UNYP.
- The Math Aptitude Test has up to two parts depending upon performance and is up to two hours long. Each part contains 25 questions. Students are encouraged to take this test seriously as it will determine placement into their first math class (Algebra Skills or College Algebra).
- Students who score less than 18 points (out of 25) on Part 1 are placed in Algebra Skills foundation course, and the Math Aptitude Test will end at that point.
- Students who score a minimum of 18 points (out of 25) on Part 1 will be invited to continue to Part 2.
- Students who score less than 18 points (out of 25) on Part 2 take College Algebra according to their program requirements for math. Students who score a minimum of 18 points (out of 25) on Part 2 will be exempt from College Algebra and take the upper lever course, Calculus.
- To see and practice all of the skills appropriate for the Math Aptitude Test, please follow the links below:
Personal statement (a letter of motivation describing how this program will assist you with your professional and personal goals). Max 400 words.
Letter of recommendation
- from a professor or supervisor who can attest to your ability and motivation for enrolling in this program
- this must come to us directly from the writer by email or post
Interview with the Head of the Department
- After submitting the required documents, students are invited for an interview with the Head of Department.
- This interview will decide your acceptance to the program and can be carried out as a phone or video call for international applicants.
TUITION (180 credits / 3 years)
- 180 ECTS Credits (6 semesters)
- 3 600 CZK per credit for EU Citizens & Czech Residents
- 3 900 CZK per credit for International Students
- Application Fee (non-refundable): 2 000 CZK (one time only)
- Student Body Fee (UNYP): 6 000 CZK per semester
- Reduced Student Body Fee: 3 000 CZK per semester
- Transfer Credit Fee: 250 CZK per ECTS credit
- Graduation Fee: 3 000 CZK (one time only)
The reduced student body fee is for students who are taking fewer credits per semester (this replaces the full student body fee).
Transfer credit fee applies only to students who are transferring courses from previous studies.
Tuition rates are subject to change within the next academic year.
EXAMPLE FEES FOR ONE SEMESTER
EU Citizens & Czech Residents:
- Standard of 5 courses x 6 credits/semester = 30 credits:
30 x 3 600 CZK = 108 000 + 6000 CZK SBF = 114 000 CZK
- The approximate tuition based on the conversion rate on the day of 06/03/2023 is as follows 4.843 EUR & 5.453 USD
- Standard of 5 courses x 6 credits/semester = 30 credits:
30 x 3 900 CZK = 117 000 + 6 000 CZK SBF = 123000 CZK
- The approximate tuition based on the conversion rate on the day of 06/03/2023 is as follows 5.225 EUR & 5.560USD
International Students UNYP
The University of New York in Prague is proud of our growing reputation among international students and multinational employers. Highly-qualified international students from around the world choose UNYP for the best in international, English-language university education. Our International Student Office is dedicated to helping international students settle in Prague, and can assist with any challenge that you may run into.
The University of New York in Prague offers international students a wonderful opportunity to study in one of the world’s finest medieval cities in the heart of Europe, and earn transfer credits towards their degree. Join our multinational group of professors and students in an intimate educational environment, and explore the rich history, the rapidly evolving present, and the dynamic future of this critical region.
Deadlines for international applicants (non-EU students who need visas)
UNYP has rolling admissions and students can start in the Fall or Spring semester. However students that require a visa to study in the Czech Republic will find it well advised to complete the application process as soon as possible. Applying for a visa can be timely depending on the workflow of the Czech embassy in your country of residence.
- The prospective student must complete the application.
- The admissions coordinator reviews the student’s file. If it is in good order, a phone interview is scheduled with the relevant Head of Department.
- If the prospective student is accepted by the Head of Department, they will receive a contract.
- The prospective student sends back the signed contract and pays for the tuition and fees via bank transfer:
- American Bachelor’s program: 1 year’s tuition and fees
- European Bachelor’s program: 1 year’s tuition and fees
- Master’s programs: 50% of the total program tuition
- If the student decides for recommended accommodation options the contract will be arranged directly with the dormitory.
- Once the tuition payment has been received, UNYP will issue the Official Acceptance Letter. UNYP will coordinate the accommodation and the contract, if necessary, as these documents are required for the visa application.
- The student will apply for a long-term study visa (up to 1 year) or long-term study residence permit (up to 1 year) (please see below for visa requirements and information).
- Students must inform the International Office as soon as they receive the final status of their visa application. If the application is denied, the tuition fee (excluding bank charges and nonrefundable fees) is refunded based on the official written statement issued by the Czech Ministry of the Interior.
If the long-term visa/long-term residence permit application is denied, the Ministry will inform you in writing and in detail about the reasons for rejection. You are entitled to request a new assessment of the reasons for rejection within 15 days of the delivery of the relevant information.
Please note that the University of New York in Prague is obliged by law to report to the Czech Interior Ministry any international student who was granted their visa/residence permit on the basis of being enrolled at UNYP and who does not commence their studies on the stipulated start date of their study program.