About the Program
The Master’s Program in HRM has been designed to offer state-of-the-art knowledge to students concerning the management and development of individuals, teams and organizations as a whole. Its main aim is to offer students a challenging, supporting and constructive learning environment where theoretical perspectives and research insights are critically debated to understand how HR can contribute to the development of organizations of excellence.
The Program’s defining characteristic is its dual focus on the theory and practice of HRM. Through this focus, the Program will give students a strong background to either go on to study for a PhD in the field or become effective HR practitioners in different organizational settings.
The Program will add value to students as individuals and professionals, to research in the Department and the University, as well as to the local economy and society at large. It is an industry-led Program that adheres to international academic standards of excellence but is tailored according to the idiosyncrasies of the Cypriot business and social environment.
When graduating from the program, students will have acquired the skills to:
- Find and develop an organization’s talent
- Lead the rapidly changing human resource management environment
- Analyze how human resource practices can support a firm’s strategic objectives and enhance long-term organizational performance.
- Position themselves for a wide range of management roles
- Become a business partner and leader on a global stage
Why Choose to Study for an MSc in Human Resources Management at UCY
Specifically, the Master’s Program in Human Resource Management intends to provide its students:
- Knowledge of the foundations of human resource management and strategy through a critical and analytical situational perspective
- Access to the latest research thinking and findings from leading experts in HRM
- Preparation to follow doctoral studies in relevant fields
- Opportunities to translate theoretical knowledge into practice through experiential learning, professional workshops and interactions with practitioners
- Access to an established network of HRM professionals in Cyprus
- Opportunities to learn in a supportive and challenging environment
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
- Multiple career options upon graduation
- Opportunities for professional and research collaborations with experts in the field.
In order to be considered eligible to enter the program, you need to fulfil the following criteria:
- Undergraduate Degree in any field of study – min GPA 7/10 or 2:1.
- Currently, the program is only offered in English. In order to be eligible, we need proof of proficiency in the English language, equivalent at least to level C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), e.g. through one of the following exams:
- ELTS Academic 7.0
- Aptis Advanced C1
- TOEFL iBT 95
- IGCSE / GCE B
- Two recommendation letters from academics and/or work supervisors
- A CV and a Statement of Purpose (max 500 words)
- A personal interview